Reports to: Senior Data Engineer
Location: Madison, WI
National Decision Support Company (NDSC) is currently seeking a talented Data Engineer to join our engineering team and participate in the design and development of our proprietary clinical decision support (CDS) systems and related platform technology. The ideal candidate is passionate about building high quality, scalable reporting database solutions to help our customers gain understanding and insight into solving real-world healthcare problems. This role will be responsible for development of ETL processes, maintenance of our data warehouse, and ensuring data quality to fulfill the company’s reporting and analytics needs. At NDSC, your work is critical to the success of our company, and each team member is involved in the evolution and progress of our platform from making architecture and design decisions to exploring and implementing new technologies.
Some things that are important to us:
- Proficiency in writing SQL queries
- Experience with creating Extract Transform Load (ETL) processes
- Knowledge of data warehousing principles and dimensional data modelling
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills and comfort working closely with teammates
- A solid work ethic and ability to work with minimal guidance
- Experience with SQL Server, SSIS, and .NET is a plus
- Experience in the healthcare IT industry is a plus
- Comfortable working in an agile environment and directly with product owners and end users.
National Decision Support Company is a rapidly growing healthcare IT software company who is passionate about making healthcare smarter. Our solutions help providers make educated decisions that improve patient care and evaluate cost effectiveness. We have a start-up atmosphere and a youthful mentality, but the market demand and stability that exceeds our age. Our customers include some of the most prestigious hospitals in the country and are currently expanding into Europe.
Our Madison office is located downtown in the historic Jackman Building, with a beautiful direct view of the capitol. Our casual work environment and flexible hours create a healthy work-life balance. When we aren’t building great software you can find the team having fun at various outings and events around Madison, or possibly deep in a game on our office foosball table.
If you could see yourself on our team, we’d love to schedule time to talk.