Job Type: Full-Time
Reports to: CEO
Location: Madison Office
National Decision Support Company is currently seeking a Director of Clinical Decision Support Services to lead our new Enhanced Services team. The ideal candidate should have previous management experience in a project-driven, customer-facing team including experience with business development. The ideal candidate should also have experience working within a new, growing company or business line and understands how to navigate a dynamic environment to grow and mature their team.
This team will offer our customers consulting services related to their clinical decision support initiatives through direct engagement with customer leadership and project stakeholders. The team will consist of Engagement Managers experienced in CareSelect and Epic decision support products.
- Work with the NDSC leadership team to set the strategic direction for and is ultimately responsible for the success of Clinical Decision Support Services business line
- Drive the evaluation of market opportunities, launch programs/products to meet those opportunities, and oversee the success of those programs/products for NDSC
- Collaborate with marketing and other internal teams to develop a marketing strategy that includes messaging, presentation content, webinars, and other avenues to build brand awareness around the Clinical Decision Support Services business line
- Work with sales and other internal teams to build a strong network for customer engagement and identify new business opportunities with NDSC’s existing customers
- Work with sales and contracting to develop customized SOWs (scope of work) to meet customer needs
- Develop the hiring strategy and onboarding process to build a successful Clinical Decision Support Services team
- Lead team to develop best practices, processes, and knowledge base to ensure success for our customers
- Develop and maintain relationships with customer stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes and identify new opportunities to help meet client needs.
- 5+ years experience within consulting, implementation, business development or project management roles in Healthcare and Healthcare IT.
- Proven experience in leading and growing service-oriented teams while ensuring the team scales appropriately to successfully manage growth
- Strong knowledge of healthcare and healthcare operations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization, including senior leadership
- Ability to work with minimal oversight in fast-changing environment
- Previous management experience at a start-up or small company
- Epic certification in a clinical application and/or experience as part of an Epic project team