Reports to: Director of R&D
Location: Madison, WI
National Decision Support Company (NDSC) is currently seeking a talented Senior UI/UX Designer to join our team. As our first UI/UX Designer, you’ll lead the charge for championing user experience and translate market needs into seamless, easy to understand workflows. In this role, you’ll use your diverse skill set to research user personas, understand product requirements, and work with stakeholders to implement user centered designs. As part of our software development team, you’ll be working in a highly collaborative environment in an exciting and comfortable atmosphere. At NDSC, your work is critical to the success of the company, and you will have a visible impact to the future of our software platform.
Some things that are important to us:
- Three or more years of UI/UX design experience. Background in healthcare or integration software is a big plus
- Experience in UI/UX software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq, Moqups
- Understanding and expertise in HTML and CSS
- Passion about user-centered design with the ability to understand complex integration workflows
Examples of things you’ll be working on:
- Develop and understand user personas, then work with engineering and product team to incorporate into new products.
- Identify problem areas with current workflows and lead the design and planning to improve them.
- Creating wireframes and storyboards of new products
- Design and implement a style guide and work with the engineering team to understand and implement
National Decision Support Company is a rapidly growing healthcare IT software company that is passionate about making healthcare smarter. Our solutions help providers make educated decisions that improve patient care and evaluate cost effectiveness. We have a start-up atmosphere and a youthful mentality, but the market demand and stability that exceeds our age. Our customers include some of the most prestigious hospitals in all 50 states and eight countries worldwide.
Our Madison office is located downtown, just a couple blocks from the capitol. Our casual work environment and flexible hours create a healthy work-life balance. When we aren’t building great software you can find the team having fun at various outings and events around Madison, or possibly deep in a game on our office foosball table.
If you could see yourself on our team, we’d love to schedule time to talk.